Before I begin on what is sure to be a heated rant, I just want to say that the point of this blog is not to offend or hurt in any way, shape, or form. It is merely a medium for me to express my thoughts and feelings in a (semi) healthy manner for my own benefit, but mostly for your enjoyment. That being said, on with the show.
I hate Valentine's Day. Now, I know what you're all thinking: "It's only because you don't have a girlfriend." And you know what I say to you?
FALSE.
I've spent a few Valentine's Days with someone special, and still don't see the point. It's just an excuse for Hallmark to sell more cards and companies to sell more chocolate. It's a Hallmark holiday. A Halliday, if you will. If you really need to make an effort to set aside one day a year to celebrate your relationship, you're doing something wrong in that relationship. Why do you need a special day for that? Why aren't you doing that every single day? I guess it's a nice idea, but, coming from someone who has seen firsthand what happens when you don't, you should always be in constant appreciation for the person you're with. It's that simple.
All that aside, I am in no way hating on those of you out there who have somebody you love, nor am I hating on Saint Valentine for fostering that in others. Love is a wonderful thing, and I sincerely hope you hold on to that. If you make each other happy, who gives a sh*t what other people say? I certainly wouldn't. And you shouldn't either.
And that's about it for today. I apologize for the lack of length in this post, but that's really all I had to say, given the day. I'll have something better for you next week, I promise. Thanks for reading! And remember kids, tights are NOT pants. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment