Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Episode 5: Ups and Downs

You know why nobody uses Google+?

Because it's so FREAKING confusing. Seriously. All I wanted to do was follow some friends' blogs, and I can't figure out how to do it. But perhaps I shouldn't hate on the very site that is allowing me to post this. Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about Google, it's just that I kind of want to bash Google+ with a sledgehammer.

Anyway.

As you might have deduced from the title of this post, I've been having an off week. I guess all those feelings from last week have carried over into this week. I don't know what it is. My ultimate game has been shoddy at best (at Tuesday's practice I dropped the pull, resulting in a turnover and, subsequently, a loss of that point), I've lost EIGHT straight League of Legends games in a row, and I've been procrastinating so much I haven't been getting enough sleep. Maybe I'm on my man-period.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and YES, a man-period is a real thing. Go ahead, look it up. You can find on the University of Shut Your Mouth's website. They did a study. Fascinating stuff. But really though. Sometimes you just get in a mood. While the man-period doesn't involve, you know, period stuff, I firmly believe your hormone levels just fluctuate and get to a point where you just feel low. But the good news is, according to biorhythm patterns, there's nowhere to go but up.

At least, I really hope so.

Although, it hasn't been all bad. Now that Wednesday is over (my longest day), I really got over this week's hump. Also, I got paid this week. Paid. Real money and everything. How did I earn said money? I sang. That's right. Sang. I tell you what, there is not much better in this world than getting paid to sing. Seriously. So the rodeo is in town until the end of this week, and last Thursday was TCU night. So, the Frog Corps sang the national anthem, the showgirls were there, the band played. It was a grand ol' time. But the rodeo asked Frog Corps to fill the national anthem slot every night. They offered to pay small ensembles to sing it each night. So we signed up to sing on the days we could, and last Monday, I sang with four other guys. And got paid. AND I get to sing again on Friday. That's almost unfair. They're paying me to do something I love? Can real life please be like this?

While we're on the subject on money, I also officially have a job this summer. I get to be (again, get to be, getting paid to do something I love) a counselor out at St. Crispin's, one of my favorite places in the whole world. For 8 weeks I get to be out there, working with kids of all different ages, leading activities, facilitating their spiritual growth, stuff like that. And I get to play ultimate at least once a week. So that's awesome.

Anyway, that's about it for this week. Thanks for reading, as always. It really means a lot. Sorry for all the complaining though. I'm really trying not to let this turn into a medium for me to moan and whine all the time. That's not what I want. I hope I have not bored you or depressed you. I tried to end on a more positive note. I think that's what I'll try to do every time, especially if the content is more on the serious or depressing side. Again, I hope that's not too often.

Well, I have ranted long enough. I'll let you go now. Tune in next time! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment