I hate doing laundry. No, let me rephrase: I hate doing laundry in a public laundry space. You know why? Because people suck.
True story.
So I walk into the laundry room searching for an open washer. All of them are full. Now, normally, that wouldn't be unusual or piss-off worthy, except only one washer was still running. All seven other washers had completed their cycles. And laundry was just sitting there. Occupying the washers. That I needed to use. So I set down my basket, sit down on the counter, and wait. Surely someone will show up soon. They must know their laundry is done, right? They obviously had the decency to set an alarm so they'd know when it was ready, right?
Wrong.
After a few minutes, a guy walks in. Sweet relief. NOPE. He gets his stuff out of a dryer. The washers are are still full. After about five more minutes, a girl walks in talking on her phone. At this point I'm thinking, Sweet Jesus just get your sh*t and go. Lolnope. She's clearly more interested in her conversation than in clearing the washers for the obviously aggravated telepathically screaming at her to hurry it up. She, I kid you not, takes about ten minutes to get her stuff out of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR washers. This girl, holy crap this girl, left her stuff just sitting in FOUR separate washers. One of which had ONE SINGLE pair of pants in it. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. So after what felt like an eternity, I finally start my laundry, which is great, because I really needed to do it. Once I have to break out the sweatpants, you know it's serious.
SUBJECT CHANGE!
So I had my first layout the other day at ultimate practice. For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, this was a pretty exciting moment for me. Basically, a layout is what it sounds like: You lay out (dive) for the disc and make the catch. You should definitely look up ultimate highlights on YouTube. Some of the craziest displays of athleticism you will ever see.
Now, I've been on the ground for a disc before, but this time was different. So we're scrimmaging with a local club team, and the disc gets swung to a handler. I see my chance, and I break for the endzone. It had been pretty windy that day, and the throw was down wind, so I run as fast as I physically can to try to get to this disc. It's floating right out in front of me, just begging to be caught. So I dive out, grab that sucker with one hand, and secure the point right at the back of the endzone. Oh man, I was so pumped. I tell you what, there is nothing quite like the feeling you get from a successful layout. #ultimate4lyfe
SUBJECT CHANGE!
I don't know if it's just me, but these past few weeks have just taken their sweet time. I find myself working for the weekend before the current weekend is even over. I think it's because Spring Break is so close. I really need some time off. To just chill, you know? Also, I've really been looking forward to this weekend, because the ultimate team is traveling to St. Louis for a tournament. I'm really excited to play some ultimate and hang with my friends and just be college kids, but the one thing I'm not looking forward to is the cold. It's supposed to be in the 30s all weekend. With a chance of flurries on Saturday. Blech. No thank you. I hate the cold so much. The thing I love about the South is how warm it stays year-round. Call me crazy (not maybe), but I would gladly trade 110 degree summers for 50-60 degree winters.
Anyway, that about wraps it up for this week. This episode features a little more variety than my other posts so far. A little ranting, a little life update. I hope you enjoyed it! Tune in next week for the next episode of Let's Play: Life, featuring the ever so handsome and charming and witty and magical Austin! And remember kids: Get your freaking laundry out of the washer/dryer in a timely manner. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment