It was cold today.
That might not seem like it's that big of deal, but come on. Yesterday it was sunny with a high of 75, and today it's the the 40s. THE FORTIES. What the hell Texas? Get it together. And this is the only day of the week like it. Tomorrow it gets back into the 60s, and by the end of the weekend it'll be in the 80s. Which is nice. I love me some warm weather. Especially since Ultimate Frisbee sectionals is this weekend. Finally, we get to go to a tournament where it's not freezing. Seriously, every tournament we've been to has been SO cold. But, as a trade-off, it's going to be windy. That disc (and subsequently the team) is not going to have a good time. Still, I will gladly trade wind for 80 degree weather.
So what's new in my life? Good question. Not much, unfortunately. Same old, same old really. Class, LoL, YouTube, homework (and yes, I actually did my homework), more LoL, more YouTube, maybe some Minecraft. Plus Ultimate practice on Tuesday and Thursday. And then writing this, of course.
I'm really excited for summer. The weather, the relaxing. And then the being a camp counselor for 8 weeks. I can't wait for that. I'm a little nervous for it though. 8 weeks is a long time to be away from home (not that far away, but still), and I don't really know how I'll be around kids, especially the young ones. I like them, don't get me wrong. I've just never really been responsible for kids, other than babysitting like once or twice. Although I did Love and Logic my little cousin a few weeks ago. That was cool.
Just to explain, Love and Logic is the basic guidelines we were taught at camp training to deal with campers, which involves disciplining the child, but explaining the situation and maintaining their dignity. You know, as opposed to just yelling at them and bossing them around. Or beating them. Which would not be good. Because that would be child abuse. Which is bad.
Anyway, over Easter weekend, I went home to see some of my extended family, and was playing with my little cousin, when the time came for us to eat. She didn't want to stop playing, so I assured we could play any game she liked as long as she came and ate first. And it worked like a charm! I was so excited that I had actually applied some of my training. It was a proud moment. It's little things like that that tell me I just might be alright at this counselor thing.
And then I think of sick little children throwing up everywhere, and I'm not so sure.
Well, I'm running out of ideas. A lot of the stuff going on in my life, or things I want to talk about, I don't want to post on here just because I don't want certain people to read it. Not that I would be talking bad about anyone behind their back (because the internet is a GREAT place to do that). It's just that I'd rather talk about these things with the specific people involved, or just don't want to put out there quite yet. I would never put anything out there that I wouldn't want someone to read and be offended or hurt by. Except girls that think tights are pants. And stupid people. I am not afraid to shame them. Man.
Okay, okay Austin. Just take a chill pill. It's all good, playa.
*Ahem*
Moving on...
I have just one month of my freshman year of college left. I cannot even begin to describe how weird that feels. I am almost 1/4 finished with my college career. What is this? I'm so old! I don't like! I don't want to grow up! Seriously man, it's so weird. People around me are getting jobs, getting married, having children. Is this what life is supposed to feel like? I mean, I know that stuff is coming eventually, but all in due time. Not soon! I'm not ready! I feel like it'll be a while before I'm ready for any of that.
But now that I think about it, that's what I said about going to college. Toward the end of high school, I was deathly afraid of making this transition. I didn't want to be away from people, I didn't want to be on my own. Especially since I wasn't going to school with people I knew well, like a lot of my friends ended up doing. But looking back, I know I made the right decision. Not knowing anyone (basically) going in, I was forced to branch out, and it really helped me. I have some great friends here, I'm doing things I love to do. And now that I'm here, I love the college environment. Even being on my own. I miss my family and friends and all, but it's just nice to do me, you know? Yeah, you know.
Well I'm afraid that's all I have for you this week. A little shorter than I'd like (and maybe you'd like as well), but frankly, I'm just not sure what to talk about. Still keeping that note of potential ideas in my phone, but nothing really came to me this past week. Anyway, I'll be sure to have more for you next time. Make sure you tune in next week for another episode of Let's Play: Life! And remember kids, God hates figs! (Mark 11:12-14)
PS - If you caught the song reference in this post, good for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment