You know what sucks?
When you're going about your own business, maybe trying to sleep, and your brain is like, "Hey bro. Broski. Brosencrantz. Remember all those mistake you made in high school? Yeah, those. Let's relive all those in excruciating detail. Also, here are all the other ways it could have turned out. Just something to think about."
Sometimes the brain can be a douche.
Seriously though, don't you just hate that? That's what I imagine hell is like. Just a constant loop for all of eternity of all the mistakes you made, the people you hurt, and all the things that could have been. Some nights I'll just randomly think about those things, and I will literally bury my head under my pillow in hopes that they'll go away.
Spoiler Alert: They never do.
You know what else sucks? The weather. Sometimes it can be so fickle. Like today. It's in the high 40s. It's definitely bearable, and I do love me a good hoodie, but for the last few days it's been in the high 80s. EIGHTIES. And all of a sudden it just drops 40 freaking degrees? What's up with that, Texas? What are you trying to pull here? Oh, and it's supposed to warm back up tomorrow. What the hell Texas? Do you even weather? Seriously.
But you know what doesn't suck? Having only one class today. I slept in until 10:45 this morning. And still had an hour and a half before I had to be in class. You know what I did with that time? Took a nice, long, relaxing shower, hopped on YouTube for a bit, and had a nice meal, all before class. Oh, and I did HOMEWORK. Yeah, that's right. For once I did my homework at a reasonable time of the day instead of starting it at 2:00 in the morning. I mean, what? No mom, of course I do my homework before I do anything else...
Whew, that was a close one.
(Just for the record, I don't actually wait until 2:00 am to start my homework. That would just be silly.)
Also coffee. Coffee doesn't suck.
SUBJECT CHANGE!
So sectionals was awesome! SO much fun. And we did really well too! We got 3rd place in pool play and 4th place in bracket play. Unfortunately, we did not do well enough to go to regionals, but we did much better than I thought we would. I'm a little bummed (okay, a lot bummed) that the season is over, but it was a great one. We improved so much since the beginning of the year. Next year, man. That's the year. Oh, and I got a Callahan during the tournament, which is SUPER exciting.
For those who don't know much about ultimate, a Callahan is basically the equivalent of a safety in football. We were playing defense, and the other team had the disc basically on their goal line. Our cup was playing solid defense, not giving the upfield throw, so the guy with the disc throws it to another handler. He ended up overthrowing it and the wind picked it up, so I saw my chance and ran toward it. I ended up catching it in the endzone, resulting in a point. I was so excited after catching it that I momentarily forgot how to run and ended up falling over. But I caught the disc, and that's what's important. And here I was beginning to think I wasn't going to make any big plays all year.
SUBJECT CHANGE!
So back to things that suck.
You know when you finish a TV series or complete a really long video game (think JRPG) and you suddenly don't know what to do with you life? Well, that happened to me. Two YouTube series I've been watching just ended (one of which was over 30 hours total), AND I just finished a Dunsparce solo run of Pokemon Crystal, so now I just feel empty inside. Accomplished, but empty. Thank goodness I have another episode of Psych to watch, or else I'd probably just crawl into a hole and wither away. So now I need to find something else to do with my free time. I mean, I still have LoL, but I really only enjoy playing that with friends. If anyone has any suggestions of games I should pick up, please feel free to hit me with them (keeping in mind I have only a computer at my disposal, no consoles). I mean, what else am I going to do during dead days in a couple weeks? Study for finals? Pfft, yeah right. What? I mean, of course mom, I'm going to study.
Whew. Another close one.
Anyway, that about wraps up this episode.
Ooh, I just looked out the window and the sun is shining now. Maybe it'll warm up now!
Wow, okay, ADD probs. Back to the conclusion.
Okay, NOW that about wraps up this episode. Thanks for stopping by! Tune in next week for another episode of Let's Play: Life! And remember kids, don't tickle a sleeping bear! Because that's just stupid. He'll probably wake up super pissed and maul your face off. I mean, he probably won't stop at your face, but your face will definitely be mauled at some point. Ouch.
See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment