Monday, April 1, 2013

Episode (Almost) 11: One of These Days...

One of these days I'm going to get it right. I promise.

I am so sorry I disappointed you all yet again. I know how much it kills you that I missed another Wednesday. I swear, some day I'll finally get my act together and be able to adhere to my schedule. But unfortunately, last Wednesday was not that day.

And today really isn't either. This post is more of an apology to you all and a time filler to last you until this Wednesday. I just wanted to get something out there, mostly for you, but also for me as a reminder that I have a blog to maintain. And of course, to provide excuses as to why I missed last Wednesday.

So.

Last Wednesday I got invited to attend a sorority event. Some friends on the ultimate team were going, so I thought, eh, why not. The dress code was "sexy casual," so it was just an excuse to wear a bow tie. And boy, do I love a good bow tie. However, the event itself was just a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I still had fun. Hung out with some friends, met a few people, hunted glow-in-the-dark Easter eggs. But I was back in my dorm by 9:15. I felt like I got all dressed up then got a big let down. So I text my buddy and I'm like, "Do you want to do anything? Like, anything at all?" Because I was all dressed up and didn't have class until 11:00 the next day. So what do we do? Logically, the only thing for a man in a bow tie to do at 9:30 on a Wednesday night:

We went to Waffle House.

That's right. Waffle House. This was actually my first time going, and I tell you what, I was not disappointed. We drove to the sketchy part of town, ordered a very delicious waffle and egg combo, and met a homeless man. I feel like this is just standard protocol for a Waffle House outing. I'm like 83.4% sure. But then again, I've only been the one time.

Anyway, that's what happened. But another reason I haven't been keeping up with my blog lately is that I feel like I'm running out of things to say. That, and sometimes I just don't know if you all even enjoy reading this. Or are reading it at all. In which, I'm writing words which nobody is reading. Wait...I can say whatever I want then.

Poop.

Heeheehee...

Yup. I'm a child. I totally admit that. But don't try to tell me you didn't laugh a little. Or at least blow more air out of your nose than usual. Anyway, to remedy the not-having-things-to-say problem, I've started a note on my phone of potential blog post ideas. That way, whenever I randomly think of something I can write about, I won't forget before the next post. Which has a high potential of happening. I'm really bad at remembering things.

...What was I saying?

Hmm...

Ah well, who knows. Anyway, that's all for today. If you come back Wednesday, I promise I'll have something for you. In fact, I'll be sure to make the next post a good one, chock full of wit and ranting. Thanks for being patient with me! I really appreciate it. Make sure you come back Wednesday for the next (real) episode of Let's Play: Life! And remember kids! ...That's it. Just remember. Remember all the things. It'll do you well in life. Fo real. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment